1) Firstly, as far as the Collector and SP are concerned, why was there no immediate inquiry by the District Police Complaints Authority in which both of them are members? Why?
2) The PSO enquiry now undertaken does not relate to Crime No. 49 of 2023 of Ambasamudram police station or Crime No. 63 of 2023 of V.K. Puram PS but relates to FIR in Crime No. 69 of 2023 of Kallidaikurichi PS.
3) Why was the power under the District Police Complaints Authority not used by the District Collector and SP and only a PSO enquiry under Crime No. 69 of 2023 of Kallidaikurichi police station resorted to. Was it to avoid the registration of an FIR in a case against an IPS officer. The statement of the TNIPSA almost substantiates this.
4) Has the IPS Officers’ Association verified Tamil Nadu Government’s G.O. No 45 dated 09.02.2021 following the judgement in the case of Paramvir Singh Saini v. Baljit Singh & Others [Special Leave Petition (Criminal) No. 3543 of 2020 dated December 2, 2020] on whether all directions about CCTV and its locations and formation of the State Level Oversight Committee [SLOC] and District Level Oversight Committee [DLOC] has been followed or not. Before issuing such a statement, please verify whether the Ambasamudram police station has followed all directions of the said CCTV judgement.
5) Have you verified the existence of the CCTV footage of Kallidaikurichi, Ambasamudram and Vikramasingapuram police stations where this grave torture has taken place leading to full room being blood stained which were later to be forcibly wiped by the victims themselves?
6) Why have not you verified the reasons behind keeping two juveniles (names withheld) in the police station under the custody of policemen in uniform; later tortured, handcuffed and transported in private vehicles at the cost of their family members [just as it happened in the Sathankulam case] which is totally contrary to the mandates under Juvenile Justice Act, 2015. Is this the reputation of your TNIPSA?
7) Does the TNIPSA not know that the victims, in this case, belong to various communities including SC/ST and some of them were selectively abused by the officials using their caste?