People’s Watch began its journey in 1995 as a programme unit of the Centre for Promotion of Social Concerns (CPSC) based in Madurai city in the southern Indian state of Tamil Nadu.
Henri Tiphagne, advocate and ardent human rights activist, is one of the founders and Executive Director of Peoples Watch, India. Since 1995, People’s Watch has been working with one-pointed dedication and commitment to fulfill its vision to promote a society free of human discrimination, injustice and create social economic conditions for the realisation of human values and rights.
One of the principal objectives of the organisation is to cultivate and nurture a culture of human rights through education and trainings.
ICC of People’s Watch
Internal Complaint Committee of People’s Watch constituted under the Sexual Harassment of Women (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013 comprises of
- Ms. R.V. Sumitha, Chairperson (+91-9994368511 email@example.com)
- Mr. N. Jeyaraman, Member (+91-9994368576 firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ms. G. Priya, Member (+91-9994368523 email@example.com)
- Ms. S. Palaniammal, External Member (+91-96009-84671 firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Ms. Kala Newton, External Member (+91-81224-09414 email@example.com)
All complaints to the ICC should follow People’s Watch’s guide to preventive and redressal mechanism to sexual harassment of Women at work place.
Complaints may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or you may do it confidentially to the chairperson through her mobile +91-99943-68511 or her e.mail id email@example.com. Complaint has to be registered within 90 days of the incident.