The Documentation Centre is the â€śnerve centerâ€ť of all of Peopleâ€™s Watchâ€™s programs. It maintains a collection of relevant news items and a library on law and human rights materials, with items in English and Tamil. The Documentation Centre caters to the internal needs of Peopleâ€™s Watch as well as the needs of outside organizations and individuals. One of the prize collection of the documentation centre is an electronic documentation of all news papers on human rights violations in Tamilnadu for the past 13 years.
- Documentation of human rights related news clippings from dailies, weeklies, monthlies and other news sources since 1996.
- Documentation of all human rights violations from secondary sources.
- Offer access to wide range of law books, literature on various subjects and journals for legal Professionals / Scholars.
- Conduct regular Book Review Meetings.
- Required Documents in CDs.
- Facility to photocopy of Required Documents
- Access to CD â€“ ROM Database Facility
- Internet Search facility
- E-mail / phone contact for requisition for any of these materials
- Access to Human Rights related news articles
- School and College Students
- Teachers, Professors and academics
- Social workers
- Medical professionals
- Writers and researchers
- Refer your friends and others who are in need of human rights related materials to our Documentation Centre.
- You can donate your books to our centre for their best utilization. That section will be named after you!
Monday to Friday â€“ 10.00 AM TO 06.00 PM
Saturday â€“ 10.00 AM TO 02.00 PM
Sunday - Holiday
- Law Journals
- CD-ROM Databases
- Books on various subject
- Resources CDs
- Human Rights related news
- Law Websites
Contact us for information you require:
The Documentation Centre
6A, Vallabhai Road, Chokkikulam,
Madurai â€“ 625002
Ph : 0452 â€“ 2539520
Fax : 0452 â€“ 2531874